View our photo gallery here.
Welcome to the new Château Laurier Addition Project. CAPITAL HOTEL GP INC., owner of the Fairmont Château Laurier Hotel, has recently filed a new application for a site plan control and a development permit, under the Ontario Heritage Act with the City of Ottawa. In the coming months, these applications will be reviewed by City Staff, and then will proceed to Built Heritage Subcommittee, Planning Committee and finally, to City Council.
The new addition will feature the following:
- 159 long-term suites
- 301 parking spaces in a 5 level underground garage
- event space for meetings and special events
- an opportunity for a new café at the Terrace level on the Rideau Canal
- beautifully landscaped courtyard available for receptions
- new pedestrian access from Mackenzie Avenue through the Terraces on the Rideau Canal along the edge of Major’s Hill Park.